Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Boyfriend Jeans in NYC

Quick Note: Let's just ignore how sweaty I am because you know, stairs happened. Also my friend has a skill for taking pictures when I'm not ready so let's just ignore my weird faces. Okay? Okay.
Jeans: J.Crew | Top: J.Crew (Similar) | Booties: Frye | Bag: Frye | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban (Similar)

  Hey Guys! So the other day I got to into the city for a photography field trip and I was faced with the dilemma of deciding what to wear. Whenever I go into the city I like to do something out of my comfort because IT'S NEW YORK CITY! Why would I want to wear something that I would wear anyways in New Jersey? I like to try and wear something different for me in at least one aspect so that I can build up the confidence to wear it in my town (where to be honest, no one ever tries anything different). 
  The aspect of my outfit that I decided to change was my pants. Normally I stick to skinny jeans or a skater skirt if I'm trying to dress my outfit up. The shape of boyfriend jeans was something I was originally nervous about because I wasn't sure how it would look on my figure. I found these boyfriend jeans from J.Crew and I absolutely love them! The dark wash is flattering, and having the distressing gives it a nice edge. Since boyfriend jeans are baggier than normal jeans, I paired mine with a crisp, white, button up from J.Crew. For shoes, I went with my Frye booties to give me some height. The bag I used is also from Frye. I love how huge it is, I was even able to keep my DSLR (and it's case) in there too! I hope you enjoyed the post! Love you xx